Ok so it’s not 3rd December. I am sat on the sofa having picked up my middle daughter from school with hand, foot and mouth. We are watching Frozen Fever and feeling pretty sorry for ourselves. I think I have it too….sore throat, ulcers on tongue. Rank. Anyway, I am now on a massive mission to get everyone better for Christmas.
- Guinot Dynamisant Anti-Fatigue Mask. From £19.99.
Winter has well and truly set in in the Andrews household. We have all been sick. Ozzie (poor bugger) has been struck down with salmonella and the girls and I have all had horrid chesty colds. To say I feel run down is an understatement. Our newest addition, Maisie is still waking up every 2 hrs in the night for a feed and although I love spending this time just me and her, I would LOVE a night of 3 straight hours sleep. I am doing the whole vitamin C and Zinc thing but my new fave product is Floradix. This iron supplement is AMAZING and I think it is the only thing that is keeping me properly awake. Yay Floradix.
Skin wise it’s going ok. Although the last few days my face feels a little tight in the morning. I am defo someone who is guilty of drinking too much tea and not enough water and the central heating isn’t helping. When my skin feels like this, I stay off the acids and just use gentle products. This face mask is a massive fave.
I get a @latestinbeauty box every month and if this is available I always put one in. ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️So the things I require from a mask are…………………
1. It’s not a sheet mask. I cocking HATE sheet masks. I haven’t the time to lie down with a mask on so I need something that I can wear when ironing, playing with the kids etc. Also sheet masks seem so wasteful….there is always so much product left in the packet.
2. I require my masks to be invisible when worn….yes this is because I am utterly lazy and often wear a mask on the school run. 🤫🤦♀️. I also often put a mask on after I have taken my stage makeup off so it needs to be something I can wear on my journey home on the tube without looking crazy. 3. I like a mask that I can sleep in….yes lazy again.
4. I like a mask to be hydrating. This mask does it all. Smells a bit like aloe which is nice, slightly tacky when it’s on….so if you are lazy and wear it on the school run it’s not great with makeup, but it kinda defeats the point to put makeup over a mask. You can wear it for a little as 10 mins before you take it off. Anyway, it’s definitely the best mask I have used in ages.
- L’Occitane Creme Precieuse Immortelle. £44.
It’s rare to see a company like L’Occitane featured on Instagram. Maybe it’s not particularly Instagrammable… not funky enough, not endorsed by enough celebrities. But when L’Occitane was founded in 1976 by 23-year-old Oliver Baussan it would’ve been a very Instagrammable small business￼￼. Baussan started his company by selling essential oils and vegetable based soaps in an open air market. Anyway mighty oaks from little acorns grow and now, today L’Occitane is known in over 100 countries￼.
Since having children, my skin has changed considerably. I no longer have breakouts which is great but I am definitely prone to dryness. Middle age has most definitely hit. This cream is perfect for me in winter. It’s thick and luxurious but sinks in surprisingly quickly. It smells totally lush and leaves my skin radiant, glowy and hydrated￼. It comes in a 50ml pot for around £44 and it has lasted absolutely ages. A little really goes along way￼. This is definitely one of those products that makes you feel pampered when wearing.
- Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. £6.
Fragrance free, non foaming, non irritating, contains hyaluronic acid, non bank busting, non pretentious. This stuff just works and is without a doubt my favourite budget cleanser.
Thanks for reading.